taking our culture forward

The story of Onchan Barn, which stood on School Road, Onchan for over 50 years until it was demolished in 2003.

Shortly before its demolition, Peter Kelly gave this short interview about the building dating back to 1852/1853, originally as a stable, but later as the depot of the refuse collection team of the Onchan Commissioners.

The film was shot in March 2003, and therefore is probably the final record of this now-gone part of Onchan.

This is one of 40 films released as a part of our 40th anniversary celebrations: #CultureVannin40.