taking our culture forward

The Manx Automobile Club was formed in 1905 and was based in Hill Street, Douglas, until its dissolution. It was started by a group of car owners who used to take visitors, who had brought over their own automobiles, around the Island to show them the sights. In latter years, lack of use of the club facilities meant that the organization was suffering financial losses. In June 2002, the committee took the decision to close the club.