taking our culture forward

St. Ninian’s Church was built by a bequest in the will of Henry Bloom Noble, who left land and money for the church to be constructed. Designed by W. D. Caroe of London and with labour provided by R. Costain and Sons of Blundellsands, the building was erected in 1913 and consecrated in 1914. The church is dedicated to St. Ninian of Solway, and is 140 feet long by 63 feet across the transepts, with a tower 85 feet tall. The photos in this collection were taken before the new St. Ninian’s ‘parish centre’ was built in 2007.