The Villa Marina Amendment Bill was passed by Tynwald at the end of 1929. This bill included the construction of a Verandah and Colonnade with shops along the Colonel’s Walk; an Arcade shelter, with shops and public conveniences, extending from Colonel’s Walk to the road in the rear; and a Colonnade and Verandah extending along the south wall of the Royal Hall providing a sheltered extension to the Café which overlooked the Gardens. The Colonnade was the first to be completed and four shops were in occupation for the 1930 season bringing in an income of £1,175. Refurbishment work was carried out on the Colonnade in 2007. It now features the Sayle Gallery and Davidson’s Ice Cream Parlour.